


I went to the hospital last night at the 6 p.m. clustering to visit Sophie. I was able to check up on her and ask a few questions. Sophie has been introduced to a different kind of bottle nipple. Yesterday at Noon she actually sucked and swallowed 5 cc's of milk. Then the nurse (ALLI) tried again at 3 p.m. and Sophie was able to suck and swallow 12 cc's. This is a positive thing! Sophie is progressing at little baby steps. We decided NOT to try to feed her by mouth at the 6 p.m. feeding as Alli wanted Sophie to be awake and alert for her visit at 9 p.m. with Mommy and Daddy. I haven't heard how last night's visit went, so I'll let Stephen and Sinthya update you on that when they get a chance. It may be a while since the weekend usually means more visits to Sophie from Mommy and Daddy since they have a lot of free time!
On a side note...I've attached a couple pictures of Sophie's current status! This mechanism thing is actually made of WOOD. You might see the white belt that is about 12 inches wide around Sophie. This is to help keep her secure on the board. Also at the bottom of the board there is a big peg like thing that she can "sit" on with her bum. She is turned from side to side often to keep her comfortable and to prevent any bedsores. It's used for acid reflux and helping Sophie to feel more comfortable! She eats this way (when she's not being held for a feeding) and sleeps this way. I could tell when the acid was coming up her throat! Her face turns VERY RED and she squirms! But then after a few seconds, she'll calm down and be asleep again. Poor thing! I would hate to have that feeling too! She's on some medication to help with emptying her stomach so that the acid doesn't build up...so we'll see how that goes.
I'm glad I could go see Sophie. She's doing well! She's above her birth weight already, so that's a good plus! Her head is healing very well from the birth and she only has a small scab left! Sophie seems to be more alert and making eye contacts with everyone. She looked at me for a few minutes, but then I started rubbing her hands, back and face and she went back to sleep. I was just happy to be able to see her. We talked a little about what she needs to do to be able to receive her "spoiled" treatments...even though she's already getting spoiled by the nurses, doctors, Mommy, Daddy and family! We'd all like to be able to spoil her at home!
Good job Sophie! Keep going! Go forth with Faith!
I've been following the blog since it was started and it is so good to hear of Sophie's progress. She is a beautiful little girl! I'm curious what happened to her head when she was born? Did the doctor have to use forceps or something?
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear about continued progress!
HOLA MI AMOR, PEQUEÑITA PRECIOSA, SOY LA ABUELAPATTY, ESTOY FELIZ DE VERTE CADA DIA COMO PROGRESAS, NUNCA NOS OLVIDAMOS DE TI MI PEQUEÑA, SOLO QUEREMOS QUE SALGAS LO MEJOR DE TU ESTADO, SE QUE DIOS TIENE UNA PROPOSITO ESPECIAL PARA HACER EN LA TIERRA. POR ESTO ERES PROBADA PEQUEÑITA SOLO TIENES QUE SABER QUE TU FAMILIA EN CHILE LA ABUELA , EL ABUELO Y TIOS SIEMPRE ESTAN PENDIENTES DE TI, ADEMAS LA EMILY ORA CONSTANTEMENTE POR TI A SUS DOS AÑOS SE QUE TE ENCANATARA CONOCERLA. SE QUE ELLA YA TE AMA MUCHO LY ESPERARA EL DIA QUE PUEDAN JUGAR Y YO TENERTE EN MIS BRAZOS AMOR, QUE DIOS TE BENDIGA MUCHO TE AMAMOS INFINITAMENTE, PATTTY
ReplyDeletesinthya y stephen solo necesitan tener paciencia todo saldra, bien, ella es fuerte, y saldra adelante de todo esto, esto les permite acudir a Dios mas seguido, y ser mejores personas para que las bendiciones recaigan el la pequeña Sophieque es tan paciente y tierna, y ha dulcificado el corazon de tanta gente, con amor Patty
ReplyDelete